Cathy Peattie MSP is joining forces with Breast Cancer Campaign for its award winning fundraising event, wear it pink, on Friday 31 October 2008
This year’s theme is ‘dare to wear’ and Cathy is urging residents, young and old to get their craziest pink outfits on, be it a pink lab coat, feather boa, or simply a tie.
Taking part in wear it pink couldn’t be easier. Whether you are in an office, at school, or simply popping to the shops, on 31 October donate £2 and wear an item of pink, the more daring the better! Your donation will allow Campaign to continue funding innovative world class research across the UK.
Cathy Peattie MSP says “Every year over 4,000 people in Scotland are diagnosed with breast cancer. Like many others, I know people who have lost friends and family members to breast cancer. I would like to encourage everyone in Falkirk East and throughout the country to support wear it pink on October 31, to raise valuable funds for breast cancer research.”
To help Campaign reach this year’s target of £3.5 million, take part in the UK’s original and best pink day. Call freephone 0800 107 3104 or visit www.wearitpink.co.uk and register to receive your free fundraising pack now.
- Breast Cancer Campaign aims to beat breast cancer by funding innovative world-class research to understand how breast cancer develops, leading to improved diagnosis, treatment, prevention and cure
- Currently it supports 114 research projects, worth over £14.5 million, in 46 centres of excellence across the UK
- Breast Cancer Campaign recently announced that it aims to fund research in the Republic of Ireland
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK and accounts for nearly one in three of all cancers in women
- In the UK, over 45,500 new cases of breast cancer are diagnosed in women each year – that’s around 125 a day
- Visit www.breastcancercampaign.org
- Breast Cancer Campaign press office: T: 020 7749 4115 Email: email@example.com